[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ keeps crashing, wrong rabbitmqctl nodedown

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 15 15:25:00 BST 2010

"josua.troesch at bluewin.ch" <josua.troesch at bluewin.ch> writes:
> Now, the queue listing is quite enlightening:
>
> name durable
> messages_ready messages_unacknowledged messages_uncommitted consumers
> amq.gen-rZubaQsH4+AebarUDtas4g==	false	270064	357
> 0	2
>
> A listing of the bindings shows that this queue is publishing to a
> topic.

(I assume you mean that the queue is bound to a topic exchange?)

> Apparently this is the source of our memory problem. It says there are
> 2 consumers for this topic, but I don't know how to get more details
> about those 2 consumers. How do I find out which application (source
> ip, username) is connected to that topic?

The list_consumers command in rabbitmqctl can (indirectly) tell you
this, but I'm afraid it wasn't present back in 1.6.0.

I'm afraid you'll have to look at your applications to try to figure out
which are the consumers.

David

--
David Wragg