[rabbitmq-discuss] still no love with erlang client and 2.0.0 broker

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Tue Sep 7 20:50:37 BST 2010

On Sep 7, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Jon Brisbin wrote:
>>    {gen_server,call,
>>        [<0.115.0>,
>>         {call,{'channel.close',undefined,<<>>,undefined,undefined},none},
>>         infinity]}}
>
> I suspect that is your problem. The above looks like a #'channel.close' record but without many of fields set to sensible values.
>
> Are you perhaps sending that method directly? You really should be using  amqp_channel:close/{1,3} instead.

For some reason (maybe copying from an example somewhere) I was sending a blank channel.close in terminate/2

I changed it to amqp_channel:close/1 and the error went bye-bye :)

I had another error which was causing the process to terminate, which is when it blew up with the error I sent.

I'll keep hacking on it and try to break something else unreasonably ;)

Thanks for the help!

J. Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com/