[rabbitmq-discuss] Am I using Queues Correctly?

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 6 14:38:17 BST 2010

Hi,

There's nothing inherently wrong with what you describe.

Depending on what you filter on, you could make it simpler.  If you
filter on a message name/id or something like that, you could probably
just bind the filtered queue to a direct exchange (match on the routing
key) or a topic exchange (match on something like a regexp).

If you're filtering rules are more complicated or if they involve
inspecting the message content, what you're doing is probably the way
to go.  You could also write a custom exchange type as a plugin.

Cheers,
Alex