[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Backup

Ahmed M. Osman a.medhat.cs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 17:32:09 BST 2010

OK, i can get it now this two folders (Debian based system) :
/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at machine-name/msg_store_persistent/
/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at machine-name/msg_store_transient/
doesn't belongs to Mnesia am i right ?

to backing up my messaging system i have to
1- stop the rabbit server
2- copy the folder "/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/"
3- start the rabbit server

to restore
1- stop the rabbit server
2- copy back the folder "/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/"
3- start the rabbit server

are there any problem with this method ?
i tried it before and it works well with me, but i don't know, i can't fill
good with this method ( i don't know why :( )

--
*--
Kind Regards,

Ahmed M. Osman
+20122870644
Software Engineer
Member of Research and Development Department
Egypt Development Center (EDC) <http://egyptdc.com>
*