[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Cilent: Allow specifying the connect timeout

Amr Mostafa amr.mostafa at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 19:20:19 BST 2010

Hi,

I've been searching around for a way to specify a connect timeout in the
Java client, but couldn't find an easy way to do that. There is one way,
which is by extending ConnectionFactory with a custom createFrameHandler
method, but that doesn't work with my case since I'm using Spring AMQP
support on top of the client API.

It would be very useful to add an option for that in the ConnectionFactory
which, if specified, would be passed to the socket connect call.

Similar (old) thread:
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2009-November/005291.html

Kind Regards,

--