[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin changelog 2.1.0 -> 2.1.1

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 20 10:56:58 BST 2010

On 20/10/10 08:40, Ben Hood wrote:
> Hey Simon,
>
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Simon MacMullen<simon at rabbitmq.com>  wrote:
>>   - Allow queues to be purged
>
> Could you envisage logging each message (as a binary) to disk during a
> purge as a roadmap item for the management plugin? The use case would
> be where you're pretty sure you can happily turf the messages in a
> queue, but just wanted to keep a backup in case your judgement was
> wrong. Or is this something you should just script with basic.get and
> log to disk? Or some other means?

I think this is a broker issue rather than one specifically for the
management plugin.

Are you talking about some scenario where the broker could reinsert the
purged messages if necessary? That might be... involved. Of course, it
could move them to another queue (we've been idly thinking about that)
but I don't know if that solves your problem. If all you want is a log,
scripting something with basic.get is probably simple enough.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ