[rabbitmq-discuss] Warnings on server startup

Lars Wilhelmsen larsw at kredinor.no
Fri Oct 15 11:58:08 BST 2010

Hi list,

I'm a RabbitMQ newbie with a fresh Erlang (5.8.1.1) and RabbitMQ (2.1.0) installation on my Win7-64 laptop.

When I start the server with rabbitmq-server.bat, it reports:

*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (delegate) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (delegate_sup) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (file_handle_cache) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (gatherer) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (pg_local) out of date
...... more more more ...
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (tcp_client_sup) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (tcp_listener) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (tcp_listener_sup) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (test_sup) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (vm_memory_monitor) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (worker_pool) out of date
*WARNING* rabbit: Object code (worker_pool_sup) out of date

What do I have to do to resolve these warnings? Can it be that RabbitMQ was built against an earlier version of Erlang (5.8.1 perhaps)
and because of that it reports the warnings?

Thanks in advance,

Lars Wilhelmsen