[rabbitmq-discuss] Should I upgrade all clients if I upgrade the server to 2.2.0

Jon Brisbin jon.brisbin at npcinternational.com
Tue Nov 30 16:14:20 GMT 2010

On Nov 30, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Matthew Sackman wrote:

> It thinks you're running in a cluster. Is that correct?

Yes.

> In fact, I think
> it thinks it's a slave node in a cluster and that the master node has
> been upgraded.

That's actually not correct. I upgraded the slave first, as I always do (it's our backup box...it gets updates first).

> If so, the behaviour is "correct" - we don't support
> upgrades in a cluster yet (as the release notes say), so moving the old
> database out of the way is the right thing to do.

Bummer.

It's not a huge deal, as we just recreate things. But that causes us to not keep up-to-date on some brokers. I still have 1.8 brokers because I haven't wanted to take them down, upgrade them, then reconfigure everything I had (hoping I remember how I did it ;).

Jon Brisbin
Portal Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.