[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.1.1: Building from sources: No rule to make target deps.mk ?!

Frank Gönninger frank.goenninger at consequor.de
Sun Nov 28 14:52:51 GMT 2010

Am 28.11.2010 um 15:34 schrieb Matthew Sackman:

> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 03:31:40PM +0100, Frank Gönninger wrote:
>> $ make
>> make: *** No rule to make target `deps.mk', needed by `ebin/bpqueue.beam'.  Stop.
>>
>> So, no call to codegen.
>
> That is mysterious indeed. What happens if you type
>
> make src/rabbit_framing_amqp_0_9_1.erl
>
> ?

This does not produce any error but also does not produce any result either. Meanwhile I cloned the source via hg and, SUCCESS - the hg cloned source compiled as expected !

I then did a diff on the Makefiles from hg depot and the source tarball:

96c95
< 	echo $(subst : ,:,$(foreach FILE,$^,$(FILE):)) | escript generate_deps $@ $(EBIN_DIR)
---
> 	escript generate_deps $(INCLUDE_DIR) $(SOURCE_DIR) \$$\(EBIN_DIR\) $@

That's the relevant change that makes it work ... I did not change anything in the hg depot so it's maybe an idea to update the source tarball.

Thanks to Stan for giving the heads-up and for your support, Matthew!!

Frank