[rabbitmq-discuss] Working PHP impl. to send and receive?

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Mon Nov 15 18:57:02 GMT 2010

Hey Gavin,

We are very close to having a working version of the AMQP client for
RabbitMQ 2.1. The problem we have had to deal with is that the C library is
unversioned, and as a result it is rather difficult to handle all of the
people out there who are running different versions which each have
different signatures.

Pieter

On 11/14/10 1:07 PM, "Gavin Butler" <gavinbutler at hushmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Has anyone had success using a AMQP or Stomp PHP client to both
> send and receive messages from RabbitMQ?  If so, please could you
> post the version of the client/library, and various dependency
> versions?
>
> Our RabbitMQ version is 2.1.0, and we have had varying degrees of
> success with AMQP and Stomp (if anyone would like more details, I
> will gladly provide them):
>
> RabbitMQ-C library extensions (http://code.google.com/p/php-amqp/,
> http://code.google.com/p/php-rabbit/): both sent messages with no
> problems, though get or consume failed to retrieve any message
> content.
>
> Pure PHP AMQP (http://code.google.com/p/php-amqplib/): an
> assortment of errors sending.
>
> Fusesource Stomp client
> (http://stomp.fusesource.org/documentation/php/index.html): send
> and subscribe works, though ack does not (invalid body
> terminator...which seems ok: "\x00").
>
> Stomp PHP Extension (http://pecl.php.net/package/stomp): both send
> and receive do not work (no errors, but works fine with ActiveMQ,
> incidentally).
>
> Zend Stomp: sends and receives, though doesn't appear to coexist
> with queues of the same name (and vhost) used by other
> producers/consumers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -gavin

the rubicon project

PIETER DE ZWART | LEAD, INTERFACES TEAM
€€€ P 310 207 0272 | x224
€€€ C 408 666 4443
€€€ F 323 466 7119

1925 S. BUNDY DRIVE
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90025

WWW.RUBICONPROJECT.COM <http://www.rubiconproject.com/>

³MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY² - AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDS Œ10
 REVV IS OPTIMIZING 1.4 MILLION ADS PER MINUTE