[rabbitmq-discuss] jsonrpc-channel not showing up under localhost:55672

Емил Иванов / Emil Ivanov emil.vladev at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 13:31:56 GMT 2010

Thank you Simon for the answer. May I suggest bundling the samples as a
separate .ez - it can easily be deleted for prod environments.

Regards,
Emil

On Nov 12, 2010 2:19 PM, "Simon MacMullen" <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

On 12/11/10 12:08, Емил Иванов / Emil Ivanov wrote:

> > I just installed rabbitmq 2.1.1 via .deb package on Ubuntu 10.10 and
> > got the .ez files for the...
> I visithttp://localhost:55672/  I see Management Console, HTTP API,
>

> > Command Line Tool entries. However - there is no entry for
> > jsonrpc-channel (for the examples). ...

Hi Emil. The .ez file for jsonrpc-channel does not install the examples,
since there would be no obvious way to remove them for production use. And
the rpc and js_root contexts don't appear in the list since there's no point
directly clicking on them.

Unfortunately this does mean it's not exactly obvious that anything is
happening! If you go into the management plugin overview page and expand
"Applications" you should find rabbit_jsonrpc, rabbit_jsonrpc_channel and
rfc4627_jsonrpc applications running.

I'll have a think about how we can make this clearer.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ