[rabbitmq-discuss] jsonrpc-channel not showing up under localhost:55672

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 12 12:18:46 GMT 2010

On 12/11/10 12:08, Емил Иванов / Emil Ivanov wrote:
> I just installed rabbitmq 2.1.1 via .deb package on Ubuntu 10.10 and
> got the .ez files for the jsonrpc-channel and management plugins. When
> I visithttp://localhost:55672/  I see Management Console, HTTP API,
> Command Line Tool entries. However - there is no entry for
> jsonrpc-channel (for the examples). I've managed to get it running
> with rabbitmq 1.7, but no luck with 2.1.1. Attaching the logs.

Hi Emil. The .ez file for jsonrpc-channel does not install the examples,
since there would be no obvious way to remove them for production use.
And the rpc and js_root contexts don't appear in the list since there's
no point directly clicking on them.

Unfortunately this does mean it's not exactly obvious that anything is
happening! If you go into the management plugin overview page and expand
"Applications" you should find rabbit_jsonrpc, rabbit_jsonrpc_channel
and rfc4627_jsonrpc applications running.

I'll have a think about how we can make this clearer.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ