[rabbitmq-discuss] Fw: Exception on TCP connection

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Nov 11 13:12:52 GMT 2010

Hi Dave.

Yes, the Java client should shut down after two missed heartbeats. I've
just tested this with 2.1.1 and 1.8.1 clients against a 2.1.1 server and
it worked for me; although there is a remark in the 2.1.1 release notes:

  - move heartbeat sender into a separate thread to ensure that missing
    heartbeats are detected promptly in all cases

Cheers, Simon

Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
SpringSource, a division of VMware