[rabbitmq-discuss] Fw: Exception on TCP connection

Dave Greggory davegreggory at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 16:58:17 GMT 2010

Sending to the list...

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Dave Greggory <davegreggory at yahoo.com>
To: Michael Bridgen <mikeb at rabbitmq.com>
Sent: Fri, November 5, 2010 12:57:30 PM
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Exception on TCP connection

No the connection does not get closed and the shutdown event never fires.

We enabled AMQP heartbeats (@ 30 seconds), just for the purpose of early
detection of connection trouble.

See http://old.nabble.com/Shutdown-Listener-on-Java-Client-API-td29699374.html

So is the normal behavior for connection to shutdown and the shutdown event to
fire when 2 heartbeats are missed? What could be preventing that?