[rabbitmq-discuss] Bound Queues

Vick Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu May 13 15:39:55 BST 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM, srw <sebastian.wain at nektra.com> wrote:
> Colin Clark-5 wrote:
>>
>> Are you not able to add more consumers?
>>

> Theoretically yes but not in this case because the publisher speed is very
> high and the overall throughput is fine, so there isn't a real need for more
> subscribers. I can put an sleep there... or do another trick but don't feel
> comfortably with that solution.

I'm looking at a situation where I have a lot of producers doing work,
but one part of logging the info must be done via a single-threaded
process to avoid deadlocks across the workers.  So basically I'll have
one consumer and a bunch of producers.  The backlog can get large --
I'm not worried about the delay of processing the requests -- but I
need to not lose any requests.

Anyone know if Theo's Net::RabbitMQ perl module honors the
channel.flow?  It appears to be built upon the C client.

What if my producers used the "mandatory" flag to detect if the queue
is full, and then just pause for a while if it is?

If I use a large-RAM box for my queue server, will rabbitmq use more of it?

Thanks.