[rabbitmq-discuss] MTU

Gustavo Aquino aquino.gustavo at gmail.com
Sun May 9 21:27:24 BST 2010

Matthew,

Thanks but today we are trying to get this information by this hard way. I'm
trying to get a help here, someone may have done it before or RabbitMQ
owners can have this number and will help me to get back time loosed hacking
packages network.

This number is very important, and have significant differences between AMQP
implementations. Just for example the Qpid package have a oversize in
message larger than RabbitMQ until you can send 32k messages per second
using 100mbps you can do only 16k messages per second with Qpid with the
same 100mbps. (Messages with 213bytes).

Resuming If you will have a high throughput and need high performance make
sure that you will not want to use jumbo frame.

Regards.