[rabbitmq-discuss] high number of unack'ed messages when queue grows large

mmenti at gmail.com mmenti at gmail.com
Fri May 7 14:43:42 BST 2010

Hi there,

new to this list - apologies if this was discusses already recently, but
didn't see it when scanning recent archive threads...

We've been seeing an issue where the number of unack'ed messages suddenly
starts growing much larger than the number of connected consumers, whenever
the queue gets to a certain size  (somewhere around 50k messages in the
queue, with 250 consumers connected). We've noticed that by reducing the
number of consumers, the issue becomes less pronounced, but was wondering if
anyone else is seeing this, and if there's any ways to avoid this? We're
using rabbitmq 1.7.0 on an 64-bit Amazon EC2 Ubuntu 8.04 hardy AMI.

Cheers,
Mario.