[rabbitmq-discuss] Ruby AMQP client not 1.8.0 friendly

Jon Brisbin jon.brisbin at npcinternational.com
Wed Jun 30 22:28:49 BST 2010

Upgraded my RabbitMQ server the other day to 1.8.0. Java stuff works fine, of course, because I just bumped the version number in Maven. But Ruby AMQP gem (v. 0.6.7) is now complaining. Downloaded the amqp-0.9.1.json file and re-generated the spec.rb file, which made errors go away, but now it looks like queue subscriptions don't work.

I'm not 100% sure where to go from here (already posted on the ruby-amqp list) other than to downgrade to 1.7.2 server. I'm sure there's some hacking that needs to take place. It's likely in the code that actually issues the queue subscription. There are no errors returned, so I assume it's just not attaching itself to the right spot on the server side because the client isn't sending the right information (or sending the right stuff, but in the wrong order).

Thanks ahead of time for the help! :)

Jon Brisbin
Portal Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.