[rabbitmq-discuss] can I do a rabbitmq message pool?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 30 18:00:44 BST 2010

On 30/06/10 17:52, David Wragg wrote:
> Hi Ovidiu,
>
> Ovidiu Deac<ovidiudeac at gmail.com>  writes:
>> [...]
>> Is it possible to retrieve a message from a queue based on an id? I
>> would need more like a pool then a queue.
>
> Rabbit only supports obtaining messages from the head of a queue
> (whether by consuming or by basic.get).  There is currently no way to
> query or browse the messages within a queue.

While what David says is true, another approach that sometimes makes
sense is for each {thread, worker process, whatever} in the input module
to declare a private queue for its replies, if it can cope with getting
its own responses out of order (may not be a big deal; it may only have
one request outstanding?)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen