[rabbitmq-discuss] Publish to queue fails but publish to direct exchange works

Raphael Simon raphael at rightscale.com
Thu Jun 17 02:38:31 BST 2010

Hi all, we just saw an interesting behavior where messages posted to a queue
did not make it to a client while publishing to the corresponding direct
exchange was working. I'm wondering what can cause this behavior to happen.
Publishing directly to the queue initially worked but "something happened"
and now it seems only messages posted to the exchange make it to the client.
The queue is durable (so is the exchange obviously) and auto-delete. Does
anyone have seen this behavior before?

Thanks!

--
Raphael.