[rabbitmq-discuss] problem with rabbitmq-server/Makefile

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 9 05:56:29 BST 2010

Alex,

alex chen wrote:
> i checked out the rabbitmq-server from source today, but it failed to generate the .beam files in ebin dir.
>
> it seems to me there is a problem in rabbitmq-server/Makefile:
> line 81:
>
> $(EBIN_DIR)/%.beam:
>   erlc $(ERLC_OPTS) -pa $(EBIN_DIR) $<
>
> after changing it to:
> $(EBIN_DIR)/%.beam:  $(SOURCE_DIR)/%.erl
>
> Is this a bug?  or maybe i am running an older version of make (version 3.81)?
> thanks.

I'm on version 3.81 too and this works fine for me.

Chances are the automatic dependency generation didn't work in your
environment. Please do a 'make clean' and then post the output of 'make'
in the original version. Also, let us know a) your platform, b) which hg
revision of the rabbit sources you are compiling, and c) what version of
Erlang you have installed.

Regards,

Matthias.