[rabbitmq-discuss] bug21673 file formats

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jun 3 18:11:56 BST 2010

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 05:59:09PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 11:49:39AM -0500, tsuraan wrote:
> > Has the on-disk format of the message queues in bug21673 stabilized,
> > or is there a plan for it to become stable?  I'd like to upgrade
> > regularly, but sometimes when I do I wind up with code that's
> > incompatible with my queues, which is a pain.  Could the disk format
> > changes be logged in the mercurial commit messages, or on a newsfeed
> > or something?
>
> Err, it's not changed for a while now, so I'm curious whether you're
> seeing some other issue. Certainly, I'm not sure I can think of it
> changing this year at all. I will try to make an effort to put in the
> commit messages in the future if the format is changing.

Some follow up on that - the mnesia schema *has* changed recently which
will have caused you issues (though this was done on a different branch
and made it to default before making it into the new persister branch).
Also, some of the paths in the new persister have changed around easter
time which may also have caused issues.

Matthew