[rabbitmq-discuss] error message trying to start stomp adapter?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Jan 29 10:57:16 GMT 2010

Erik,

Erik Anderson wrote:
> For what it's worth, it looks on the surface in {invalid_host,
> [49,50,55,46,48,46,48,46,49],timeout} that the numbers are the ascii
> representation of "127.0.0.1".  Along with a new delay that feels like
> a timeout when launching the normal TCP listeners, was some of the
> "short node" stuff done in the last version affecting this?

The "short node" changes in the last release relate to Erlang's
inter-node communication. They do not affect ordinary network
operations, so that's not the source of the problem.

>> is by far the easiest way to configure plugins like this as it avoids
>> nasty escaping issues if passing by env vars.
>
> I haven't quite found the location of this file yet, and would like to
> (if possible) move it to a more usable location (once I find it).

The config file location is %APPDATA%\RabbitMQ\rabbitmq.config. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/install.html#configfile, which also documents
how to change its location.

> I must admit though that (not trying to strike back at an obvious
> hardworking bunch here) from rabbitmq to orbited getting a comet
> server has been almost like pulling teeth in from the perspective of
> someone just trying to get a simple solution running.  It took me
> almost two weeks trying to get rabbitmq-c compiled and running the
> wiretest example under MSVC for instance.

rabbitmq-c is highly experimental - so experimental in fact that it's
not even mentioned in our "Experimental Downloads" section on the web
site. We have not spent any effort on trying to make it build on
Windows. So I am not surprised it took a while to get working.

We welcome patches, and feedback in general. If you have managed to
build rabbitmq-c on Windows, could you perhaps post the instructions?

Regards,

Matthias.