[rabbitmq-discuss] BasicPublish() from .NET client hangs after upgrading server to 1.7.1

majek04 majek04 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 13:11:26 GMT 2010

That's pretty interesting. Can I ask how much real memory do you have installed?

I would be also interested in the output of
vm_memory_monitor:get_total_memory()
(rabbit at debian)2> vm_memory_monitor:get_total_memory().

If you have

As a temporary workaround I can suggest setting 'vm_memory_high_watermark' to 0,
which will effectively disable memory based flow control. You can do
it by adding
this line to erl parameters in rabbitmq-server:
    -rabbit vm_memory_high_watermark 0 \

Alternatively you can set that variable in rabbitmq.config. There's an
example in docs:
  http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#memsup