[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq server crash and no start more

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Sun Jan 24 20:19:47 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 06:07:39PM -0200, Gustavo Aquino wrote:
> I got this same problem using MacOS 10.5, that I'm using now, RHE and Debian
> with RabbitMQ 1.7 never got it with 1.6.
>
> Look I can reproduce it all the time, in all this environments just do
> Crtl+C in console running RabbitMQ-server and try to start again, and booom
> the problem appears. I just do it again to show the metrics that you request
> me.

I assure you, we start and stop rabbit all the time in this way, and
don't see this problem. No one else has reported this problem when the
mnesia database is empty (or at least not very big).

Sigh, just looking at your two traces, your IP address has change - and
you appear to be basing your hostname on your IP address. This is a known
problem, especially with Macs.