[rabbitmq-discuss] Java Client library : RPCClient throws nullpointerexception

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Jan 12 17:23:19 GMT 2010

Hi Rajesh,

Reddy, Rajesh (GPT EMEA) wrote:
>       Iam getting the following EOF Exception when trying to cal the
>       mapcall() on Rpcclient in java library. This is the same exception
>       I get if trying to create a new instance of JsonRpcClient.

Your stacktrace indicates that the correlation ID of the reply message
does not match the correlation ID expected by the client.

Off the top of my head, this could happen because of a bug in the RPC
server program, or because there are stale reply messages in the reply
queue.

Do the bundled HelloClient and HelloServer examples work?

>       There are no examples for java libraray.

Yes, there are: See classes HelloClient and HelloServer, which use
RpcClient and RpcServer, and classes HelloJsonClient and HelloJsonServer
which use JsonRpcClient and JsonRpcServer.

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net