[rabbitmq-discuss] compatibility with legacy code

Dinabandhu dinabandhu.mitra at tecnotree.com
Fri Jan 8 10:18:56 GMT 2010

Hi Tony,

I am trying to build this. I followed your links & instructions here.
configure still gives error saying it could not find AMQP spec file at
'/codegen/amqp-0.8.json'.

This directory is of course wrong because the file is actually at
/home/dinu/rabbitmq-codegen.

The variable $ac_abs_confdir is blank and that seems to be reason ... from
the configure script it looks like $ac_abs_confdir is expected to point to
the directory from where configure is being run. I don't know enough about
the autoconf tool chain to determine the root cause.

I next modified configure.ac file to point sibling_codegen_dir to the
correct directory ...

#sibling_codegen_dir="$ac_abs_confdir/../rabbitmq-codegen"
sibling_codegen_dir="/home/janus/dinu/rabbitmq-codegen"

After this change the configure script went through. But make still fails

[dinu at j4 rabbitmq-c]$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dinu/rabbitmq-c'
Making all in librabbitmq
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dinu/rabbitmq-c/librabbitmq'
PYTHONPATH=/home/dinu/rabbitmq-codegen python2.5 ./codegen.py header
/home/dinu/rabbitmq-codegen/amqp-0.8.json amqp_framing.h
/bin/sh: python2.5: command not found
make[2]: *** [amqp_framing.h] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dinu/rabbitmq-c/librabbitmq'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dinu/rabbitmq-c'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I don't have python2.5. what is there on my machine is python2.3.

I am using RHEL 4.8 64 bit. Does the library expect some other distribution?
5.x?

I will try by modifying the script files ... but if you can provide some
pointers it would be good.

Regards,
Dinabandhu