[rabbitmq-discuss] WCF bindings support SOAP -- what would be invovled in others?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Feb 25 09:18:12 GMT 2010

Matthew Dunn wrote:
> Would anyone be able to tell me how much effort would be involved in
> creating a custom binding that will support the same binary serializer
> used by the net.tcp binding?

Interesting. It's a long, long time since I looked into the WCF binding.
Have you ever built custom extensions to the WCF core before? If so,
you're very likely the most qualified person on this list to attack the
problem :-)

> Is this only a configuraiton change or must custom code be developed?

I... actually don't know. It really *should* just be a configuration
change: the WCF binding implements Rabbity *channels*, which configure
their encoders (and their connections to the other elements of the WCF
stack) from the binding context given to them in their constructor so
it's perfectly possible there's a magic configuration stanza that'll do
the trick. It may even be straightforward. I no longer have access to a
windows box to try it out on :-(

Tony