[rabbitmq-discuss] WCF bindings support SOAP -- what would be invovled in others?

Matthew Dunn mrdunn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 05:10:24 GMT 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm reviewing suitability for RabbitMQ use within a credit union I'm working
for.

I read in the
Guide to the WCF binding and Service
Model<http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/v1.7.2/rabbitmq-dotnet-client-1.7.2-wcf-service-model.pdf>that
presently only SOAP endpoints are supported.

Would anyone be able to tell me how much effort would be involved in
creating a custom binding that will support the same binary serializer used
by the net.tcp binding?

Is this only a configuraiton change or must custom code be developed?
It would be even better if someone can point me at existing code that also
implements the binary serializer for the RabbitMQ WCF binding?

We are hoping to support multiple endpoints listening on queues each
addressable with a different WCF binding, eg Soap, Binary, POX, JSON

But initially the main ones we are interested in is soap and binary

Thanks for your time,

Matthew Dunn.