[rabbitmq-discuss] Receiving errno 10054 (WSAECONNRESET) writing to queue

majek04 majek04 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:33:02 GMT 2010

> I like the design principles of pika, but the example of demo_relay.py is a
> little hard going. Can you point me at any other real-world examples of
> asyncore-based connection handling? And what is the recommended way to
> detect/handle connection-failure?

1. There are no real-world examples of Pika deployment. It's still
very experimental as far as I know.

2. There is no recommended way to handle connection failure.
For the connect phase, I sometimes use:
    conn = pika.AsyncoreConnection(params)
    try:
        ch = conn.channel()
    except pika.exceptions.ConnectionClosed:
        do stuff

But the bigger problem is if connection is killed once you connected.
Feel free to tweak the sources and let us know what works best
for you.

Cheers,
   Marek Majkowski