[rabbitmq-discuss] Receiving errno 10054 (WSAECONNRESET) writing to queue

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Thu Feb 11 15:55:08 GMT 2010

Hi Sigurd,

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 05:41:26AM +0000, Sigurd Høgsbro wrote:
> >> Try to get a trace that includes the connection disappearance. The pattern
> > of commands just prior to that might shed some light on what causes the
> > client to trip up.
>
> Tracer writes the full message-body to stdout which isn't helpful when
> sending multi-megabyte bodies. I'll try using wireshark for diagnostics
> instead.

Actually, our java Tracer has just received quite a lot of attention and
you can now turn off decoding of bodies, along with several other
options. It's also now much faster. If you grab our java client from hg
(http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-java-client/ latest default) then you
should find it's a bit more helpful now (and robust).

> > Feel free to give it a try, but since we do not know what the problem is
> > there is no way to tell in advance whether it will fare any better.
> >
> > I like the design principles of pika, but the example of demo_relay.py is a
> little hard going. Can you point me at any other real-world examples of
> asyncore-based connection handling? And what is the recommended way to
> detect/handle connection-failure?

Sadly pika falls into the category of highly experimental. Tony, who
wrote it, is currently on holiday, but Majek has done some work with it
and I've prodded him to take a look at this. In general, highly
experimental things are notable for their lack of documentation I'm
afraid.

Matthew