[rabbitmq-discuss] Subscriber Message Received event?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Feb 8 19:28:54 GMT 2010

Bob,

Bob Brown wrote:
> Do you have any actual implementation code examples of the best way to
> implement this?

Check out the LowlevelLogTail example.

> Also, I am assuming that my subscriber will have to implement
> IBasicConsumer...how should I handle the other methods on the interface?

You'd sub-class DefaultBasicConsumer, which contains sensible defaults
for the other methods.

Btw, have you read the .net client library user guide
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/v1.7.1/rabbitmq-dotnet-client-1.7.1-user-guide.pdf)?
In section 2.8. ("Retrieving messages by subscription") it explains the
above.

It also turns out that there is in fact some experimental support for
receiving messages as events. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/v1.7.1/rabbitmq-dotnet-client-1.7.1-client-htmldoc/html/type-RabbitMQ.Client.Events.EventingBasicConsumer.html

Regards,

Matthias.