[rabbitmq-discuss] connecting to multiple rabbitmq servers (point-multipoint)

Guillem Corominas gcorominas at dexmatech.com
Mon Feb 8 10:58:45 GMT 2010

Thank you Mathias,
Yesterday I noticed that when the consumer stops receiving messages, the
rabbitmqctl list_connections shows that the connection no longer exists.
However in the Java Client, the Connection object and it's associated
Channel objects don't seem to notice about that. I tried logging it's status
by printing if either the Connection or the Channel is null, or if any of
those isOpen(), but they says they are both open. The client doesn't seem to
notice that the connection is down.

How can I ask the client about the connection in order to realize that it's
eventually down and it needs to be reconnected?

thanks in advance for your help,

guillem