[rabbitmq-discuss] Private messages

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Dec 29 12:37:03 GMT 2010

Hi Michi,

Thanks for message. Your proposal fills an important gap in the AMQP
specification. Any related extensions will appear in a mercurial source
repository branch named bug23483.

Op 27/12/2010 15:41, het Michi Oshima geskryf:

> Hi,
>
> A little while ago in this mailing list I asked how I should implement
> message privacy:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/Passing-null-for-%27arguments%27-to-queueBind%28%29-to30162963.html#a30162963
> Passing null for 'arguments' to queueBind()
>
> I believe I came up with a solution that works without the use of a custom
> exchange type.  I would like your feedback on my design.

 > 7. Producer binds queues on behalf of consumers.

This is very restrictive and demands too much cooperation between
producers and consumers.

 > 8. Producer binds a queue with two items in the header

This has consequences in the broker beyond the immediate problem and
makes it impossible to specify recipients on a per-message basis.

This design may be sufficient for your use-case, but  and could be more
general.

Regards

Emile