[rabbitmq-discuss] properties.headers in Perl client

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 21 19:41:15 GMT 2010

Hi Tom,

vickerto <vickerto at gmail.com> writes:
> I have successfully implemented a messaging system using one of the
> PHP clients that I found on the web.  I am currently working on a Perl
> counterpart that can send and receive messages to/from the same
> system.
>
> The problem that I am running into is that I was successfully able to
> use the properties.headers to store some key/value information about
> my message in the PHP client, but I have yet to find a Perl client
> that actually supports or uses these headers.  Am I missing something
> or does nobody actually use these headers in Perl?

Not all AMQP applications use the message headers, so it's plausible
that no-one has yet bothered to add support to the Perl clients.  Though
it would be a fairly significant omission, given that the headers are
(potentially) a part of every AMQP message.  I'm not aware of other
clients that take this short cut.

David

--
David Wragg