[rabbitmq-discuss] Multi tenancy

Mark Hudson markrogerhudson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:09:04 GMT 2010

My client wants to rent their application to multiple customers - multi
tenancy. I'm currently thinking to use a RabbitMQ virtual host per company,
so each company is separated with  their own queues, allowing me to
throttle, turn on/off consumers on a per company basis, and to scale out
a companies brokers if need be. Does this sound ok ?

I also propose to create accounts for the different consumers/producers in
the system, this would have to be multiplied by the number of companies, so
I could imagine the administration of all those users, permissions and nodes
might be a bit time consuming. Has anybody done something like this, or is
there a better approach ?

Thanks.