[rabbitmq-discuss] Impact of AMQP 1.0

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 07:40:31 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Dave Smith <dave.smith.to at gmail.com> wrote:
> I truly hope that the dynamic nature of AMQP is not lost in this
> massive rewrite.

I think there are risks associated with 1.0, but loosing dynamic
nature is not one of them. In fact my feeling is that it will get more
dynamic, and in more regular way. I am more worried when will spec
reach a point where unambiguously defines behavior of system that is
like current 0.x ones. As far as I can see now it covers in great
detail (and flexibility!) basic node to node communication, but the
broker part is I am afraid still very much in ideas and concepts
stage. So in another words, risk as I see them is trying to cover too
much ground, and in the end not covering any part of it well enough to
produce solid _and_ truly interoperable standard for practical use
cases. But I hope those risks would be overcome.

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/