[rabbitmq-discuss] Impact of AMQP 1.0

Dave Smith dave.smith.to at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 04:11:47 GMT 2010

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't had a change to give 1.0 a thorough read yet, but I was
surprised at how extensive the changes were.  Having played a little
with rabbitmq,  I was impressed with how composable the messaging
model was.  The ability to define routings as part of the model and to
construct the components dynamically really simplifies things for me.

We currently use SonicMQ/ESB for our messaging infrastructure, and the
way we use it, it's essentially just a big message routing system.
It's mostly PtoP with ESB services routing message based on
properties.  I can't express how absurdly complex the configuration is
with thousands of endpoints and services.

I truly hope that the dynamic nature of AMQP is not lost in this
massive rewrite.

--DS