[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbit client library for android

Miguel Morales therevoltingx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 02:42:47 GMT 2010

Hey Andrius, as I mentioned in my previous private reply I've been
using the RabbitMQ with Android with no apparent issues as far as
messages sending/receiving goes.
(I have noticed that while going/driving around with the phone I lose
messages but I haven't done extensive testing.  It might have to do
with something else.)

Here's a test project I setup to test out the rabbitmq client on
Android: https://github.com/therevoltingx/rabbitmq_android_test
Because I wanted to consume a lot of messages fast the GC runs were a
big problem.  I tried to tweak the library with no success and managed
on moving the high-speed stuff to my own socket/tcp based code and
only use RabbitMQ for things like chat, push notifications, etc.

In the project I posted I even tried to experiment with the rabbitmq-c
client on Android.  I managed to compile it and even publish and
receive messages but passing the messages to Java via JNI proved to be
too much for my low C skills.

Best of luck,
Miguel

~ Jeremiah:9:23-24