[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbit client library for android

Matt Miller matt at mydomedia.com
Mon Dec 13 01:04:04 GMT 2010

Andrius,

Off the top of my head I remember seeing mention of possible memory leaks using the Java clients, but I cannot attest to their actual existence as I typically use the python, javascript and C libraries for RabbitMQ.

The fact you have the Java client working on Android is very cool, one possible drawback that comes to mind is (from what I hear) the JVMs are different and support/implementation can vary amongst the various Android platforms/providers? I may be totally of target here as I have never personally touched android development (yet).

Also if you had to tweak the rabbitmq java client to get it running on Android keeping these libraries up to date yourself might be a pain.

As a note, if you are not already aware, the RabbitMQ team has quite a bit of projects on github.com and I find it very useful to stay on top of whats cookin'. The team has also been very helpful for me personally and I always find it a pleasure emailing/speaking with them.

Most of the work I have done involving RabbitMQ is for the web, and I have had good luck working with Socket.IO/Orbited2/Orbited and the stomp/python/javascript clients.

webkit support for android works remarkably well..

Cheers,
Matt