[rabbitmq-discuss] routing key advice + QueueBind(...)

Steven Taylor taylste at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:26:02 GMT 2010

Hi,

are there any good RMQ examples, or documentation for routing keys?

Essentially, I'd like to have a control stream that can accept broadcasts
for all nodes, messages for a type of node, or messages intended for a
specific node (or subtype).

all.category1.nodeType.nodeName

potential routing keys:
all.*
*.nodeType.*
 all.category1.nodeType.nodeName   -- full path

On a per node basis, is that three extra channels & 3 extra threads?  OR: I
figure it'd be easier if these three routing keys were attached to one
queue. Is there a secret comma operator for routing keys that I'm not aware
of for use with QueueBind?  If I call QueueBind three times, will the result
be cumulative? Are channels expensive on the RMQ server? How about on the
client side?

I'll be testing this, but if someone could provide a little advice it'd be
appreciated.

thanks,
-Steven