[rabbitmq-discuss] Ack by a different machine than consumer

nathanmarz nathan.marz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 01:21:52 GMT 2010

Let's just say I'm working on the "Cascalog for stream-processing",
although the semantics of the tool will be quite different of course.
The goal is to be able to do distributed stream processing with the
details of fault tolerance and messaging abstracted away. The rest I'm
keeping secret for now :)

Alternatively, is it possible to ack messages out of order from how
you read them off the queue? Also, is it possible to set a timeout on
acking a message, so that if a message isn't acked within X secs it's
automatically considered failed and scheduled for redelivery?

Thanks,
Nathan