[rabbitmq-discuss] Ack by a different machine than consumer

Jerry Kuch jerryk at vmware.com
Fri Dec 10 01:11:48 GMT 2010

Hi, Nathan...

I believe the delivery tag you'd use in ack-ing is only valid within the channel in which the message was received so the scheme you propose wouldn't be viable and you'd have to devise some scheme for signifying done-ness with the message's implied work beyond basic AMQP.

BTW, Cascalog is a neat piece of work.  Would be interested to know more about the system you're building if it's not confidential...   :-)

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone (Brevity and typos are hopefully the result of 1-fingered typing rather than rudeness or illiteracy).