[rabbitmq-discuss] what happened to my messages?

Robert Fuller fullergalway at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:42:40 GMT 2010

On 7 December 2010 08:12, Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
>> I don't expect the messages to go to both queues.
>
> What John was pointing out is that if you publish all the messages with the
> same routing key "publish", then how would they *not* end up in both queues?
> Or, to put it another way, how are you addressing a message to a particular
> queue, given that's normally done via the routing key?

OK, again it comes down to my misunderstanding and misuse. I had
mistakenly believed channel.queueBind(queueName, exchangeName,
routingKey) to be an operation which affected the behaviour of the
client only (I thought I was binding my communications channel
directly to a specific queue). The fog is beginning to lift.

>> 2. I was surprised to find my (durable,non-exclusive,not-autodelete)
>> queues empty after restart
>
> See
> http://old.nabble.com/Re:-persistent-messages-can't-survive-restart-with-new-persister-b6324e288cfd-(bug21673)-p26745083.html

Thanks.