[rabbitmq-discuss] what happened to my messages?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 7 08:12:58 GMT 2010

Robert,

Robert Fuller wrote:
> I don't expect the messages to go to both queues.

What John was pointing out is that if you publish all the messages with
the same routing key "publish", then how would they *not* end up in both
queues? Or, to put it another way, how are you addressing a message to a
particular queue, given that's normally done via the routing key?

What exchange are you sending the messages to? What bindings have you
got from the queues to that exchange? (check with 'rabbitmqctl
list_bindings').

> 2. I was surprised to find my (durable,non-exclusive,not-autodelete)
> queues empty after restart

See
http://old.nabble.com/Re:-persistent-messages-can't-survive-restart-with-new-persister-b6324e288cfd-(bug21673)-p26745083.html

Regards,