[rabbitmq-discuss] SQL-92 style selector support

Alexis Richardson alexis at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 3 18:33:01 GMT 2010

Sumit

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Agarwal, Sumit (GE Healthcare)
<Sumit.Agarwal at ge.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just wondering if there is anything similar in RabbitMQ for Message
> selector supported in JMS brokers.  I wanted the consumer to
>
> Provide the “selector” string and based on the message header properties it
> will be delivered.

It sounds like you might want to use the AMQP "headers exchange".
Have you looked at this?  RabbitMQ supports headers based routing
using this feature.

> Also if AMQP 1.0  removal of exchanges affecting anything in RabbitMQ?

No, it has not.  AMQP 1.0 describes a transport and does not impact
the routing model.

alexis