[rabbitmq-discuss] Any gotchas when using rabbitmq?

Ben Bennett benbennett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 14:58:25 GMT 2010

I am trying to figure out what are some of the do's and don'ts of rabbitmq.
Like Don't use a bunch queues, do use more exchanges.. those two are
probably not correct.
Growth rates of memory usage related to queues,exchanges and bindings.
Big O notation is more important to me if the knowledge exists
already.
Also I seen that direct exchange is O(N) when delivering messages, is
N the number of possible queues.

My current design for my system might have bunch of queues on one box
but it also has 32GB of ram and 16 cores and it is active passive
cluster node.
I am trying to figure out if it is going to be problem. We basically
have clients that are going over http and they will need reply back,
but the reply is based on
the client, so I was going to make queue for each client and have it
expire after a while. There are a limit number of clients, less then
2000 unique clients.

Thanks,
Ben