[rabbitmq-discuss] Can't connect on Windows

Tim Sawyer list.rabbit at calidris.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 22:12:16 BST 2010

On 11/08/10 21:46, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> Tim Sawyer wrote:
>> Can someone give me an inkling of where to start looking for a solution?
>
> Looks like a Flash cross-domain policy problem to my inexpert eye. Are you
> connecting to "localhost" or "auk"? Flash is picky about where it lets you open
> sockets to, IIRC. I'm absolutely no expert in any of this :-) but you might
> find some guidance in http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14213.html.

I've tried auk, auk.domain.com and localhost, with no joy.

Unfortunately I think you're right that it's a cross domain problem.
RabbitMQ itself works fine on that machine, on anything but a Flex client.

Running the same version on an XP box (instead of windows 7) and then
connecting to it remotely seems to work fine, so maybe it's something to
do with the security in Windows 7.

Thanks,

Tim.