[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Clustering in Windows Server

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Thu Aug 12 05:43:00 BST 2010

Hi Desrie,

Desrie Qi <desrie.qi at wealthcraft.com> writes:
> We run RabbitMQ as windows service. Does anyone cluster RabbitMQ service in Windows server?
>
> Should we cluster two RabbitMQ nodes following two steps bellow or either one is OK?
>
> Step 1) Join two nodes in a cluster by RabbitMQ command: rabbitmqctl
> 	@rabbit2\\C:\RabbitMQ_server-1.8.1\sbin> rabbitmqctl cluster rabbit at rabbit1
> 	Clustering node rabbit at rabbit2 with [rabbit at rabbit1] ...done.
>
> Step 2) cluster two RabbitMQ service using Windows clustering manager.

I'm not sure what the "Windows clustering manager" you refer to is.  But
the instructions for clustering at
<http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html> should apply on Windows,
including in the case where you run the nodes as Windows services.  Is
there a specific problem you are having when trying to get this working?

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ