[rabbitmq-discuss] persist to disk feature

James Geary jamesgeary at CrispThinking.com
Thu Aug 5 17:39:48 BST 2010

Awesome. Thanks for the response Simon, this feature is going to make a monumental difference to our use of rabbit. I think we can wait for the next release.... when will that be?

 :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: rabbitmq-discuss-bounces at lists.rabbitmq.com [mailto:rabbitmq-discuss-bounces at lists.rabbitmq.com] On Behalf Of Simon MacMullen
Sent: 04 August 2010 13:45
To: rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] persist to disk feature

On 03/08/10 23:17, James Geary wrote:
> I am having trouble finding out any information on the persist-to-disk
> feature. Has this been released, or is it on it's way? I can find a
> number of threads going back to last year, but nothing saying that it
> had been released, or how to configure it. We love the performance of
> rabbitmq, but to make it really work for our business, we need to be
> able to queue millions of messages, without risk of the server running
> out of memory, and crashing.

Hi James.

The new persister was in QA for a long time, and therefore had to be built from a branch in Mercurial. As of a week or so ago, it's been merged into default; you still have to build from Mercurial but from the default branch.

This also means it will be in the next release, so if you can wait that's certainly the easiest way to get it.

Assuming you're using a build with it in at all, there's no configuration to do: it just works.

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ